Technology System Administrator (Full Time)
Children’s Day School (CDS) is a co-educational preschool through eighth-grade school serving over 470 students in the Mission Dolores neighborhood of San Francisco. Spanning two campuses, and home to a diverse community of students, faculty, and families, CDS is a vibrant learning community. Our teachers practice constructivist teaching; born of “learning by doing,” it is how we achieve excellent academics. We believe by encouraging children to fully engage in complex topics, and in myriad ways we are giving them tools to become lifelong learners and passionate citizens of the world. To learn more about CDS, visit our website at www.cds-sf.org.
CDS is located on a beautiful, secluded half-acre in the Mission near Dolores Park. Our after care program employs the use of indoor classrooms, environmental ed. kitchen, wood chips area and climbing structure, farm and garden (featuring four chickens and two sheep!), and a play yard among the largest of independent schools in the city.
The Technology System Administrator is responsible for maintaining the school’s IT infrastructure, various databases, and supporting general A/V or IT equipment. This full-time position will work closely with the Director of Technology in analyzing, designing, and implementing the school’s information technology system, and provide outstanding customer service for every customer, every time. This is a lead role and will include managing complex troubleshooting, project co-leadership of technology system evaluation, recommendation and implementation, and mentorship and cross-training with other team members.
- Provision, configure, maintain, and support infrastructure software and hardware: Microsoft Windows Infrastructure, printers, Cloud Services, Linux systems, AWS, GSuite, Phone System, Data System, OneLogin, etc.
- Research and recommend innovative and, where possible, automated approaches for tasks. Including reviewing bids, cost analysis and vendor relationships
- Oversee projects related to system infrastructure and deployments
- Perform complex troubleshooting and repairs; also process retired infrastructure equipment for donation/reuse and data restoration
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures; also provide thorough and complete documentation for all areas of responsibility
- Maintain and support our service desk & asset management infrastructure
- Provide excellent customer service that meets the scope and guidelines of the tech department and also follows school policies
- Champion and celebrate the success of students and faculty in their use of technology
- Create self-help materials (i.e., tips, tutorials, troubleshooting steps, etc.) and provide informal training on new/current technologies
- Provide tech and A/V support to students, staff & parents when needed
- Work some weekends/evening hours for school events
- Handle other duties/special projects assigned by the Director of Technology
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Equivalent experience may be accepted in lieu of a 4-year degree
- Minimum 3 years as an IT system administrator, network administrator, or similar role (school infrastructure experience is preferred)
- Excellent troubleshooting, technical, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent research and documentation skills with specific step-by-step workflow
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills; ability to prioritize support requests and work on multiple tasks with minimal supervision, and escalate support requests as necessary to ensure that all support requests are resolved within acceptable time frames.
- Must work well in a collaborative team environment as well as independently
- Ability to work well with PreK-8 students, adult colleagues, and families; willing to be an active, enthusiastic member of the CDS community
- Experience training or teaching adults
- Experience with JAMF, Directory Systems, SSO, Windows Infrastructure
- Approachable, comfortable with ambiguity
- Can-do spirit
- Excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Job is onsite
- Must be able to travel safely and comfortably across our two campuses (3 blocks apart).
- Must be able to frequently, safely, and comfortably lift at least 30 lbs.
- Able to adjust to multiple work environments (office and outdoor)
- Must be able to comfortably and safely, climb, bend, pull, reach, kneel, stoop, and see for near and far work.
- Must be able to view and operate a computer and related technology and equipment at least 90% of working time.
Salary will be based on qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits offered, including medical, dental, and vision insurance and a retirement plan.
Required Screenings: TB Assessment Clearances: Livescan background check
CDS is an equal opportunity employer. Our community is diverse in many ways, inclusive of race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender spectrum, age, ability, and more. We welcome and value the same in our faculty and staff.