Campaign and Stewardship Manager
Children’s Day School (CDS) is a co-educational preschool through eighth-grade school serving over 470 students in the Mission Dolores neighborhood of San Francisco. Spanning two campuses, and home to a diverse community of students, faculty, and families, CDS is a vibrant learning community. Our teachers practice constructivist teaching; born of “learning by doing,” it is how we achieve excellent academics. We believe by encouraging children to fully engage in complex topics, and in myriad ways we are giving them tools to become lifelong learners and passionate citizens of the world. To learn more about CDS, visit our website at www.cds-sf.org.
CDS is located on a beautiful, secluded half-acre in the Mission near Dolores Park. Our after care program employs the use of indoor classrooms, environmental ed. kitchen, wood chips area and climbing structure, farm and garden (featuring four chickens and two sheep!), and a play yard among the largest of independent schools in the city.
Children’s Day School is in the early phase of preparing a campaign to replace the three preschool bungalows with an Early Childhood building with flex space, outdoor play and gathering space, and to provide expanded support for our families and our faculty through a strengthened endowment. The primary function of the Campaign and Stewardship Manager for Children’s Day School is to provide comprehensive, day-to-day support for the capital campaign and special projects within the Advancement Office. The Campaign and Stewardship Manager serves as the primary writer of campaign materials, including campaign updates, brochures, letters, and proposals. The position helps build and maintain strong donor relations on behalf of the school and its senior leadership.
The position will support the capital campaign among all donor constituents and support the advancement department’s cultivation and stewardship programs. Duties are varied and include donor interactions, scheduling, managing correspondence and tracking cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship activities, and administrative duties.
The Campaign and Stewardship Manager is a full-time, exempt position and reports directly to the Director of Advancement.
The Manager works closely with and provides support to the Director of Advancement in the following ways:
- Oversee gift processing and acknowledgment processes for campaign gifts and pledges
- Manage production of proposals, solicitation packets, and informational materials
- Prepare reports, agendas, and memoranda for volunteers, prospects, and donors
- Assist with preparing, creating, and implementing campaign-related communications, including campaign updates, newsletters, and donor stewardship reports.
- Manages events structured to support the campaign, including cultivation events, campaign kick-off, groundbreaking, hardhat parties, and building dedication.
- Manage engagement/stewardship opportunities and create outreach materials including identifying and executing creative fundraising campaigns to reach audiences such as alumni families and grandparents
- Coordinate logistics for campaign meetings for staff and volunteers and attend as requested; track meeting notes, follow-up actions, and assignments
- Schedule cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship appointments for staff and volunteers
- Coordinate significant follow-up activities, including meetings, mailings, and correspondence
- Maintain and update a “moves management” system that drives cultivation and solicitation strategies for donors and prospects. Ensure the tracking of follow-up activities to move prospects through the development stages.
- Manages prospect identification, evaluation, assignment, and tracking to the extent necessary to ensure the campaign’s success.
- Implements specific strategies for the cultivation and solicitation of major donor prospects.
- Completes contact reports on any substantive contact with a prospect or donor and shares that information with others as appropriate.
- Manages systems track and report on gifts and ensure pledge fulfillment.
- Manages stewardship of donors to the campaign.
- Ensure that campaign information is accurately entered into the database and donors are thanked on a timely basis
- Manage tracking system for pledge payments and reminders
- Coordinate with the Business Office to reconcile campaign and accounting records
- Manage the campaign calendar and budget
- Provide prospect research
- Collaborate with the Advancement Coordinator on ongoing maintenance of the department’s database, and generate advancement reports, as needed, including moves management reports
- Assist with identifying potential corporate and foundations funders, developing proposals, and gathers information, facts and figures in preparation to writing proposals.
- Some weekend and late-night work will be required based on school activities
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in the Liberal Arts, Business, or Related Field
- Minimum of three years related work experience. Prior development or campaign experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills, including superior written and spoken communication
- Highly organized with a demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize to deadlines
- Significant experience supporting senior administrators/executive leadership
- Exceptional at building and maintaining relationships
- High level of diplomacy and ability to maintain confidentiality and remain calm in stressful situations
- Positive, problem-solving attitude
- Knowledge of CRM software, Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Knowledge of email, spreadsheet, word processing and presentation software, and Google Drive
Salary will be based on qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits offered, including medical, dental, and vision insurance and a retirement plan.
Required Screenings: TB Assessment Clearances: Livescan background check
CDS is an equal opportunity employer. Our community is diverse in many ways, inclusive of race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender spectrum, age, ability, and more. We welcome and value the same in our faculty and staff.
- Apply on our website at careers.cds-sf.org. Include resume, cover letter, names of 3 references
- Please do NOT call regarding this position. If we believe you are a match, we will contact you to schedule an interview.