Children’s Day School (CDS) is a co-educational preschool through eighth grade serving over 450 students in the Mission Dolores neighborhood of San Francisco. Spanning two campuses, and home to a diverse community of students, faculty and families, CDS is a vibrant learning community. Our teachers practice constructivist teaching; born of “learning by doing,” it is how we achieve excellent academics. We believe that by encouraging children to fully engage in complex topics, and in myriad ways, we are giving them tools to become lifelong learners and passionate citizens of the world. To learn more about CDS, visit our website at www.cds-sf.org.
The Annual Fund and Events Manager oversees the day-to-day aspects of the Annual Fund, including all fundraising, cultivation and recognition activities. The Annual Fund and Events Manager manages the annual auction and other special projects and events. This full-time, exempt position reports to the Director of Advancement. The successful candidate will have the poise and professionalism to work with a broad range of faculty, students, alumni, parents, grandparents and community members.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
Manage the Annual Fund
- Assist in design and implementation of a comprehensive Annual Giving campaign (identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship) with targeted solicitations and activities to strengthen the school’s fundraising program. In the 2018-2019 school year, the Annual Fund and auction raised over $1 million in revenue.
- Recruit, train, motivate and manage volunteer leadership to accomplish annual fund fundraising goals. Activities can include multi-letter direct mail campaigns, communications, as well as individual outreach.
- Work with Donor Relations Associate to ensure that gift are entered into the database, and donor acknowledgement research prospects to determine appropriate appeals; work with the Director of Advancement to identify major donor prospects and collaborate on solicitation strategies
- Set communications schedule and maintain website presence
- Coordinate all solicitation efforts, including writing solicitation letters, printing of collateral materials, pledge reminders and organizing volunteer training.
- Coordinate all stewardship efforts, including writing acknowledgment letters, tracking follow-up
- Produce annual giving brochures, publications and communications; oversee content for the Annual Report and regularly update website content for the Annual Fund section.
- Produce ongoing reports as needed to track fundraising efforts
Manage special events
- Organize special events on behalf of the Advancement Department such as the school’s annual benefit and community celebration Annual Fund Leadership Dinner, Grandparents’ and Special Friends’ Day, Volunteer Appreciation, Country Fair and other events as needed.
- Recruit, train, motivate and manage volunteer leadership to accomplish fundraising goals for the auction.
- Manage all donation tracking and reports for the auction.
- Manage online the auction using software like Maestro
- Create direct mail solicitation for auction items.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of three years professional experience developing and directing comprehensive annual fund programs and/or alumni relations programs.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Outstanding organizational skills; initiate and complete multiple tasks on time with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Demonstrated talent for recruiting, managing and inspiring volunteers.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and judgment to represent CDS both within and outside the school; develop and maintain effective relationships with donors, prospects and the CDS community.
- Ability to write and speak persuasively; excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Discretion in handling confidential information.
- Knowledge of donor database software and experience in an independent school preferred.
• Regularly sit, talk, run, move equipment, hear, and visually interact with students/staff
• Work at a desk and computer screen
• Regularly use close and distance vision
• Be able to occasionally lift up to 15 lbs
• Work in a traditional climate controlled office environment
Salary will be based on qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits offered including medical, dental and vision insurance and an employer match 403 (b) retirement plan.
CDS is an equal opportunity employer. Our community is diverse in many ways, inclusive of race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender spectrum, age, ability, and more. We welcome and value the same in our faculty and staff.