Children’s Day School (CDS) in San Francisco seeks one or more dynamic camp assistant counselors for the summer program. Reporting to the Extended Program Director and supporting the lead counselors, these teachers are responsible for developing and leading engaging themed day camp activities for students in grades K – 8.
Summer Camp is located at our partner Millennium School, in the vibrant Mission District. Our summer campus has a full-size gym, maker space, several classrooms, and is a quick walk from the many beautiful parks in the neighborhood.
The regular camp day schedule is 9:00 am – 3:30 pm Monday – Friday, with extended care available from 8-9 am and 3:30-6 pm. Scheduled hours will vary within the 8 am - 6 pm range, and shifts will be 8 hours per day. Camp runs from June 14th – August 15th. Each individual themed camp runs for a week at a time.
- Team: Collaborate, inspire, support, problem-solve and communicate with summer camp team members.
- Activities: Plan and implement exciting, child-centered camp curriculum to keep students engaged and having fun all week long.
- Children: Provide a safe physical and emotional environment for all students. Encourage children to take initiative to solve problems. Help children think, investigate, ask questions and laugh. Strive to meet each child’s individual needs.
- Families: Collaborate with families toward their child’s success.
The successful candidate will:
- Support the execution of popular and engaging activities.
- Have experience teaching or leading youth activities.
- Demonstrate the ability to take initiative, work passionately and joyfully, and collaborate effectively with colleagues, students and parents.
- Model behavior and language that supports our mission and our program.
- Display excellent rapport with children and families.
- Display excellent classroom management.
- Express the desire and ability to take on increasing responsibility in the classroom and the CDS community, and to participate generously.
- Display a passion for learning and a commitment to personal-professional growth.
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Work effectively with children, families, and staff of diverse backgrounds and family structures.
- Communicate and problem-solve with the school day teaching staff about students and families.
- Be proficient in technology: email, word processing, photos, etc.
$15-18/hr depending on experience
CDS is a racially and ethnically diverse community and we seek the same in our faculty and
Send resume, cover letter, and names of 3 references to Chris Teare, Director of the
Extended Program (email@example.com)