Children’s Day School (CDS) is a co-educational preschool through eighth grade serving over 460 students in the Mission Dolores neighborhood of San Francisco. Spanning two campuses, and home to a diverse community of students, faculty and families, CDS is a vibrant learning community. Our teachers practice constructivist teaching; born of “learning by doing,” it is how we achieve excellent academics. We believe by encouraging children to fully engage in complex topics, and in myriad ways, we are giving them tools to become lifelong learners and passionate citizens of the world. To learn more about CDS, visit our website at www.cds-sf.org.
We are seeking a qualified IT Support Specialist, preferably with three to five years of experience in an educational setting. Reporting to the Director of Technology and serving as a member of the IT team, this full-time position will support all school technology devices, infrastructure and AV equipment; provide IT support, research, tutorials, and procedures; promote the school’s mission by supporting students, faculty, and staff in their integration of technology; and work with faculty and staff on design and multimedia projects.
- Be first point of contact for faculty and staff on technical support issues; troubleshoot and complete system repairs and software re-installations.
- Support the process of preparing, delivering, and upgrading hardware/software
- Maintain a “Help Desk” system, including regular hours for live support during the school day
- Maintain documentation of ongoing support issues
- Maintain accurate inventory of hardware and software
- Create self-help materials designed for students and faculty (i.e. tips, tutorials, troubleshooting steps, etc.)
- Work with Director of Technology and other IT team members to provide tech training for staff/faculty on both an individual and a school-wide basis
- Work with Director of Technology to review the School’s AUP and provide training to staff/faculty so that they can assist in monitoring students’ use of equipment and internet
- Set up and support all peripherals, including printers, copiers, projectors, scanners, and audiovisual equipment
- Provide support for all campus-wide software applications, including most recent macOS, iOS, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Adobe CS products, and other third party software applications
- Be responsible for the daily backup of all Apple and PC servers
- Work together with other IT team members to manage tech student leadership team
- Provide tech support and audio/visual management at school events and assemblies
- Work some weekends/off hours to provide support for school events
- Act as a leader/coordinator/chaperone for some field trips related to technology (local or multiple days, out of town field trips)
- Coordinate onsite and offsite repair as needed
- Handle other duties/special projects assigned by the Director of Technology
Your application should include:
- Cover letter
- Statement of educational philosophy (preferred but not required)
Salary will be based on qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits offered, including medical, dental, and vision insurance and a retirement plan.
- College degree or specialty school preferred
- Candidate with middle school teaching experience preferred but not required
- Excellent customer service skills
- JAMF experience and knowledge in managing MacOS Client and Server environment (JAMF certified is a plus but not required)
- JAMF experience and knowledge in managing Apple iOS Mobile Device environment (JAMF certified is a plus but not required)
- G Suite/Google Apps experience in managing a mid to large organization
- Skills or experience installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting Apple- and Windows-based hardware and software in a networked environment
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks efficiently
- Knowledge and experience in deploying and managing Windows Server, including Active Directory and server virtualization in a VMWare Vsphere environment, and LAN/WAN/WiFi environment
- Ability to lift heavy equipment
- Passion in learning about emerging technologies and participating in the planning and implementing of new technology initiatives
- Proven experience in a desktop support technician role
CDS is an equal opportunity employer.
Candidates with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.